The city of Winston-Salem is a very famous place with many notable and famous people living in the area. There are many celebrities, politicians and others who have made this city their home away from home.
Here are the list of Celebrities Living in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
– Bobby Jones (Professional Golfer) lived in Winston Salem during his championship years and was buried there after his death.
– Tim Duncan (Retired NBA star) is a real estate investor in the city of Winston Salem, he currently lives on Lake Katherine inside Westside Plantation golf course. Born 5/25/76.
– Candice Michelle Milner (grew up in WS and modeled for Sports Illustrated magazines from 2003 to 2006.) Currently lives in neighboring High Point NC with her husband of 4 years Kenny Rider who is also an actor, producer and director. They have one son together Kobe Kenneth Rider born 9/2/09. She has a daughter Makenna Michele Milner 8, Kiana Milner 10 from a previous relationship.
– John Edwards (US Senator and former Presidential Candidate) currently lives in the Oak Hollow subdivision of Winston Salem with his wife Elizabeth. They were married on June 21, 1977 in their college dorm at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. They both have four children together Wade, Cate, Emma Claire and Jack. Mrs. Edwards was diagnosed with breast cancer on October 20th 2007 but is believed to be cured after going through treatment at Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center.
– David Murdock (billionaire businessman) bought the RJR Nabisco building which he turned into his corporate headquarters on July 1st 1988 for $80 million dollars he also owns Westside Plantation golf community where retired NBA star Tim Duncan also lives.
– Sandy Pines Golf Country Club (founded in 1938) is a private club located directly next to Westside Plantation community and owned by David Murdock. The golf course hosted 3 events on the 2016 PGA tour, The Wyndham Championship, KPMG Women’s PGA Championship and The Senior PGA championship.
– James Iver McKay Jr., current CEO of Family Dollar Stores Inc was among the first African American CEOs to run a Fortune 500 company, he currently lives in the Westhaven neighborhood at Oak Hollow Lake with his wife Dr. Zahra Aisha Mujahid, an anesthesiologist. They have two children Katherine Gail and James Iver III. joined family dollar in 2001 as a regional vice president.
– The main campus of Forsyth Technical Community College is located in downtown Winston Salem and serves about 9,000 students every year who all live in nearby cities.
– Billy Graham Library was built in 2008 on the site of the former BB&T Ballpark where minor league baseball teams called the Winston-Salem Spirits played from 1984 to 1987 before relocating. The library features 60 bronze panels that tell stories related to his life’s work with video presentations for each story.
– Joel McHale (Actor) attended High Point University for a short period of time before leaving to pursue comedy and acting career he currently lives just outside the city limits of WS with his wife Sarah Williams McHale and their son Edward.